Competitive Baseball and Softball
Updated Sunday August 11, 2019 by Nick Zuzek.
Competitive Baseball and Softball
NTAA Fields Competitive Baseball and Softball Teams each Fall and Spring.
FALL SEASON - NTAA will place Competitive Teams in Leagues suitable to their skill level. Baseball Teams will either play West Florida Advanced Baseball, GSA, or USSSA. Softball Teams will play either Babe Ruth Xtreme, NSA, or USSSA.
SPRING SEASON - NTAA will only participate in Babe Ruth / Cal Ripken Leagues. Baseball Teams will participate in West Florida Advanced Baseball. Softball Teams will participate in Babe Ruth Xtreme.
Seasons: NTAA Competitive Teams will play a separate Fall and Spring season, which will target between 6-14 games per season.
- Fall Season: The Fall Season will be a 6-8 week season that will take place from late September through early December. Teams will have 1 field practice per week and 1 batting practice per week.
- Spring Season: Spring will typically begin after recreation tryouts and finish prior to the start of the league tournament. Includes practices every other Sunday, and Double Header Games on opposite Sundays.
Cost: Cost will cover uniforms, umpire fees, player insurance, baseballs / softballs, equipment and field time.
- Fall Registration Fee: approximately $185
- Spring Registration Fee: approximately $100 (this will be an additional registration not included in Spring Recreational Registration)
- The Manager Selection Panel will be appointed each year to select a manager at each age level. The panel will consist of the Director of Competitive Divisions, the NTAA President and NTAA Vice President.
- The Competitive Division Director will review candidates and make recommendations to the Manager Selection Panel in order to finalize managers at each age level. Manager selection will take place prior to the Competitive tryouts.
- All Managers must go through the selection process each season.
- The Competitive Team programs are run through NTAA, so each player is required to try out.
- Tryouts will be held before each Fall and Spring Season.
- Tryouts will be a multi-day evaluation. They wil encompass the assement of fielding, throwing, hitting, pitching, and running, while also reviewing the players in scrimmage games.
- Evaluation Panel: An evaluation panel will consist of the Competitive Director, the President, the Vice President, and the selected Manager.
- Team Selection: The Manager will determine the number of roster positions prior to the panel approval. The team will be selected by the panel with each member having an equal standing.
Mandatory Playing Rules: There are no mandatory playing rules. Playing time is completely at the discretion of the manager for his or her particular team. However, managers will make a conscious effort to get all players into games.
Rosters: Rosters will consist of 10-15 players as determined by the Manager and the Competitive Director. Mangers will be allowed to add players throughout the season based on need. Any roster additions will be approved by the Competitive Director and the NTAA Board.
Teams: The number of teams will be determined based on tryout participation. At a minimum, NTAA will try to field teams for the following age groups:
AB: 7U, 8U, 9U, 10U, 11U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U
Xtreme: 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, and 18U